NCEAS has released Morpho 1.8.0, an open source application for managing and sharing scientific data through the creation of structured metadata (data documentation). Morpho enables scientists to document and manage their data locally and enables data sharing among scientists via Metacat servers throughout the world. This release emphasizes compatibility with other tools through new import and export features and includes the ability to export to the Biological Data Profile metadata standard.
New features include:
* Export EML data packages as different metadata language standards
(Biological Data Profile)
* Import an EML file on local file system as a new data package
* Save incomplete data packages during New Data Package Wizard and Data
* Recover previously entered metadata if New Data Package Wizard/Data Table
Wizard fails before saving a complete data package
* Remove obsolete profiles on Morpho
NCEAS hopes that this software will be useful to you. We welcome feedback and comments that will make the application more useful in the future. Please submit bugs and problems through our bug tracking system and send general feedback to morpho-dev [at] ecoinformatics [dot] org. Morpho is released under the GPL license, and we encourage community participation in developing Morpho.
The Morpho Development Team
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS)
University of California, Santa Barbara