- Meeting Rooms: Two meeting rooms are available, one accommodating up to 25 people and the other up to 18 people. Additionally, break-out rooms are available for smaller groups. Rooms are equipped with wireless and ethernet Internet access, LCD projectors, SMART boards , and white boards. There is also access to several larger conference facilities.
- Lounge: A lounge and kitchen are available for breaks and informal seminars and gatherings.
- Offices: Large offices are each shared by 2-3 resident and visiting researchers, and are equipped with supplies and computers.
- Video Conferencing: A state-of-the-art video conferencing system is available to engage collaborators at multiple sites.
- Hardware and Software: NCEAS provides networked computing resources to support visiting researchers on-site, as well as via the Internet. High performance computing is available for demanding modeling, statistical, visualization, and data management projects. Visitors have access to advanced PC, Macintosh, and Linux workstations running a broad range of software for accomplishing all phases of ecological analysis. More information
- Computing Support: NCEAS' computing systems are maintained by our resident scientific computing staff, who are also available to provide analytical and general technical support and advice. More information
- Office Support: NCEAS has photocopying and fax services available for visitors. In addition, our office staff is available to assist you with travel, hotel/housing arrangements, and local transportation options, as well as answer any of your questions. The informational packet that visitors receive details NCEAS procedures and includes a map highlighting nearby restaurants and local attractions.
- Downtown Location: NCEAS is ideally located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. Situated in the Balboa building in the picturesque Paseo Nuevo , NCEAS is only minutes, perhaps even seconds, away from many fine restaurants, hotels, shops, museums, the ocean, and Stern's Wharf .
- Hotels: NCEAS has negotiated special rates with a number of hotels within walking distance to the NCEAS facility.
- Accessibility: NCEAS is wheelchair accessible. nceas [at] nceas [dot] ucsb [dot] edu (Contact us) for more information.