The NCEAS Scientific Computing website is an actively maintained repository of links to environmental data sources , scientific software , learning resources , and other documents  of special interest to ecologists engaged in data management and analysis. For a better understanding of our approach and philosophy, you can read more about NCEAS Scientific Computing , or view the brief overview presentation  given to incoming NCEAS associates.
In addition to this site, NCEAS makes a broad array of scientific computing resources available to all NCEAS associates during the time of their involvement with the Center. These include:
- Scientific computing staff  who are available for consultation on computing and ecoinformatics issues
- NCEAS-supported hardware and software , including powerful desktops, laptops, multi-processor servers, and an array of scientific software packages 
- Virtual collaboration services and tools  to support interactions among distributed scientific teams
- Ecoinformatics software tools  for creating and managing ecological metadata
- NCEAS Data Repository  of NCEAS-related scientific datasets and metadata
We also maintain a separate NCEAS Computing Services Knowledge Base  with more general computing and tech support information. Feel free to help [at] nceas [dot] ucsb [dot] edu (email us) if you have any questions or help requests.