- John J. Helly
|Workshop||22nd—23rd September 1995||Participant List|
Purpose of the workshop:
1) to identify significant problems in ecology without regard to limitations imposed by existing
research methods and technology and
2) to then assess which of those may be usefully addressed by existing or desired computational technology.
We believe that the results of this workshop will assist the research community and funding organizations in coordinating the efforts of ecologists and computer scientists in areas with the greatest potential for improving the predictive value of ecology.
The expected product of the workshop is to develop a publishable report and a peer-reviewed
paper which will:
- describe the ecological research areas addressed,
- describe the computational technology developments addressed and
- provide a mapping between the two as guidance to researchers and funding agencies.