Skip to main content
Science Research Projects
Publications & Other Products
Public Data Repository
Trainings in Data Science
Calls for Proposals
Partner with us
News & Events
News & Announcements
Upcoming Research Activities
For Visitors & Residents
13 September 2010 - 9:20am
Please review the questions below, and submit your answers.
During your work at NCEAS, were you able to efficiently complete your work using our computing environment and network?
If applicable, are you able to access NCEAS Computing Services when you are not at NCEAS?
3. How might the Scientific Computing staff better assist you and, if applicable, your group while working at NCEAS or remotely?
4. Which types of computing tasks were required during your work at NCEAS?
Metadata (data documentation) entry/storage/distribution
Analytical and/or simulation model development
5. List any other requirements and summarize briefly any of the tasks above that were particularly difficult to address while at NCEAS and why.
6. Which (if any) of these technological obstacles did you encounter at NCEAS?
Disk storage (need more disk space)
Analytical computing power (need faster computers)
Graphics production (need higher resolution, better display)
Connectivity (network too slow)
Not enough computers
Lack of technical support/consultation
More or better output devices
Important software missing
7. Please explain any of the obstacles you checked above or list other issues.
8. Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions about NCEAS Scientific Computing Services.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.