NCEAS Reimbursement Instructions

The following information is for working group participants seeking reimbursement.

If you have not already done so, please fill out the demographics form and submit it with your completed reimbursement package. If you have filled out the demographics form in the past, you can disregard this step.

All customized travel reimbursement packets are sent by e-mail. If you did not receive your customized travel reimbursement packet, please contact reimbursements [at]

Additional Reimbursement Forms and Information

To find the additional forms and receipt requirements you will need to complete your reimbursement and have it processed, please refer to the information below.


For SNAPP working groups, PLEASE RETAIN AND SUBMIT ALL MEAL RECEIPTS, and fill out a meal log (included in the personalized travel reimbursement packet) with your claim. You will also need to retain receipts for incidental expenses incurred.

For all other working groups, please fill out the meal log (included in the personalized travel reimbursement packet) and retain all receipts for incidental expenses incurred.

Foreign travel

Any receipts or payments submitted that are foreign currency will be converted to USD using the OANDA currency conversion on the date of the receipt.

Personal car mileage

Please include the vehicle license plate number and a map, indicating mileage to and from the destination.

Receiving your reimbursement

For international participants

If you have a non-US bank account or would like to receive your reimbursement in a currency other than USD, please fill out the wire transfer form. You must fill this form out every time you request reimbursement via wire transfer.

If you are not a US-Citizen, please fill out the Non-US Citizen form and provide a copy of your visa and/or passport. You will need to turn these into the office before your trip has completed. You can bring the copies to Ana Peters in Room 309.

**Please note that only Non-US citizen forms (or direct deposit forms, for US bank accounts) should be turned in prior to the end of your trip. All other forms should be turned in once trip has been completed.**

For participants within the US

If you have a US bank account and would like to set up a direct deposit to receive your reimbursement, please fill out this form. In order for the direct deposit to go through, we will need the direct deposit form completely filled out, with a copy of a voided check, and turned in before your reimbursement is submitted. The form and check copy can be sent via e-mail or USPS, or submit it directly to NCEAS when you arrive for your meeting. Please make sure to include your current mailing address, in the event the deposit does not go through. You need to fill out the direct deposit form only once – after that it will remain linked to your account.

**Please note that only direct deposit forms (or Non-US citizen forms, if you are not a US citizen) should be turned in prior to the end of your trip. All other forms should be turned in once trip has been completed.**

For UCSB Employees

Please read UCSB Participant Info.

Please contact reimbursements [at] should you have any questions and we will be happy to help you.