NCEAS is a partner on the development of this Earth and environmental science data archive for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). ESS-DIVE will archive and make publicly available observational, experimental, and modeling data from DOE-funded research.
NCEAS will help enhance the archive in the following ways:
(1) apply user-experience research methods to understand user and contributor needs;
(2) support early data archiving during project QA/QC;
(3) support ESS projects' data-use requirements;
(4) support community-built tools;
(5) support search of extracted ESS-DIVE data and external data with a Fusion database;
(6) support a defined set of data management plan components; and
(7) support archiving of private data.
The innovative strategies, strong connections with other data archiving projects, and inclusive community-based approaches of this project will increase the quality of environmental data and optimize their value to future research endeavors.
Visit the ESS-DIVE website.