The US NSF Arctic Data Center is holding a data best practices workshop, which will provide researchers with concrete steps and methods for more easily documenting and uploading their data to the Arctic Data Center. The workshop will be held Tuesday March 28, 2017 from 1:00 - 3:45 pm at the Ventura Beach Marriott Hotel in Ventura, CA. There is no cost for attendees of this training workshop.
To register, visit the Arctic Data Center website.
Workshop topics will include:
- Introduction to the US NSF Arctic Data Center
- NSF standards and policies for data preservation
- Crafting your data management plan
- Preparing and archiving your data using open source formats
- Creating standards-based metadata
- Uploading and versioning your data in the Arctic Data Center
The Arctic Data Center is the primary data and software repository for the Arctic section of NSF Polar Programs and helps the research community reproducibly preserve and discover all products of NSF-funded science in the Arctic. It is a partnership between NCEAS, DataONE, and NOAA's NCEI, each of which bring critical capabilities to the Center.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Arctic Data Center at support [at] arcticdata.io.