NCEAS is an Organized Research Unit of the Marine Science Institute  at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB). UCSB is the tax-exempt entity that is entitled to accept gifts that benefit NCEAS. Charitable contributions are made to the UCSB Foundation or to the Regents of the University of California. NCEAS seeks support from individuals, corporations and foundations. NCEAS accepts contributions in many forms, including cash, securities, real-estate, and planned gifts.
Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. Please contact us to discuss how you can help us achieve our vision. Your interests are very important to us and we look forward to working with you.
NCEAS is honored to have researchers from all over the world bringing their own research and collectively sharing and analyzing ecological and environmental data.
Areas of Need
- Visiting Distinguished Scholars - Income helps provide significant support for the teaching and research responsibilities of a distinguished NCEAS scholar
- Postdoctoral Associates - Income provides money to bring an early career scientist to NCEAS on an annual or short-term basis
- NCEAS Resident Scholar Awards - Income provides support for a resident scholars to acquire new skills and/or training
- Graduate Student Fellowships/Research Internships - Income from this fund provides partial funding to deserving graduate students
- Technology Enhancements - Income from this fund supports new tools and enhancements to existing technology
- Distinguished Lecture Series - Income from this fund will provide for a distinguished lecturer
- Distributed Graduate Seminars -Income from this fund allows students and faculty from nationally or globally distributed universities to collaborate remotely in a research project and convene at NCEAS for a final synthesis at the project's end
- NCEAS Excellence Fund - Gifts to the Excellence Fund provide the Director with flexibility to enhance the excellence of NCEAS by directing the gift to the area of greatest need
- Endowment - Provide funding beyond the traditional level of support
Please contact us to discuss any of these areas of need and naming opportunities associated with these funds.
National Center For Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
735 State St., Ste.300
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone: (805) 892-2500
Fax: (805) 892-2510
nceas [at] nceas [dot] ucsb [dot] edu