NCEAS Summer Institute 2013
We hope to have decisions by early to mid April.
The National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) is pleased to invite applications from early-career researchers for a 3-week intensive training workshop in ecological analysis and synthesis, to take place at NCEAS in Santa Barbara CA June 19-July 10, 2013.
Thanks to generous support from the Packard Foundation, all travel and living expenses of participants will be covered during the workshop.
Applicants should be early-career researchers – here defined as roughly within 5 years post-Ph.D., although exceptional candidates in the final stages of graduate work will be considered. We will consider applications from any country.
Please complete the online application . Once you register you will receive an email token that will take you to the application.
The application includes a series of short essays. The questions can be found below to facilitate preparing answers that can be pasted into the online form.
Applications must be received no later than 5 PM PST on March 1, 2013.
For inquiries, please contact aukema [at] nceas.ucsb.edu (Juliann Aukema).
Essay questions for application:
- Research Interests (450 characters/75 words)
- Career Goals (300 characters/50 words)
- What would you hope to achieve by participating in this training workshop? (900 characters/150 words)
- Describe your proficiencies in statistical analysis of ecological data (450 characters/75 words)
- One part of the training workshop will be hands-on, small-group projects. Please suggest a topic for a small-group synthesis project. Include, briefly: 1) topic, 2) data sets (and their availability), and 3) possible analytical approaches. (900 characters/150 words)