IMPORTANT The data files on this page contain additional data for the original versions of 61 revised recovery plans included in the SCB study. These data should only be used if paired comparisons between the original and revised versions of plans are desired. For all other analyses, the primary data (that includes data for only the most recent version of each recovery plan) should be used.
Due to the very large size of the database, the data have been split into small files that are faster to download and easier to import into spreadsheets. To preserve the data structure established by the data-collection Instrument, data were subdivided by form (Forms 1 through 13); data from larger forms were further subdivided by column (identified by letter). All files are comma-delimited text (.CSV format).
Within the data files, each row contains data from one of the reviewed recovery plans that is identified by code names for the species and its recovery plan. Revised and original versions of plans are distinguised by suffixes "R" and "O", respectively. Columns contain data from specific cells in the data-collection Instrument that are identified by alphanumeric codes for the row and column from the Instrument. The data-collection Instrument and the Key to the data-collection Instrument should be used to identify subject matter addressed in each data file, and to cross-reference the meaning of data response codes. The Species Codes file should be used to cross-reference species codes with full scientific and common names.
The prefix "or." has been added to the names of these data files to distinguish them from the primary data files.
- Form 1
- Form 2
- Species status trend data (replaces Q82 on Form 2)
- Key to species status trends (replaces codes for Q82 in Key to the Instrument)
- Note: status trend data for species with revised recovery plans have not been replicated for original versions of plans (i.e., you will need to do it yourself so that data align properly with data in other files).
- Form 3
- Column: A B C D E F
- Form 4
- Column: G H I J K
- Questions 168 and 169
- Form 5
- Column: L M N O P Q R S T U V W
- Form 6
- Column: X Y Z AA BB CC DD
- Questions 294 - 304
- Form 7
- Column: EE FF GG HH II JJ KK LL MM NN
- Form 8
- Column: OO PP QQ RR SS TT UU VV WW XX
- Form 9
- Column: YY ZZ AAA BBB CCC DDD
- Form 10
- Form 11
- Column: EEE FFF GGG HHH III JJJ KKK LLL MMM NNN
- Form 12
- Column: OOO PPP QQQ RRR SSS TTT UUU VVV
- Form 13
- Column: WWW XXX YYY ZZZ ABC