Hermann August Hagen (1817-1893)
German entomologist who worked at Harvard during the era of Agassiz. Specialized in Neuroptera (dragonflies and relatives).
From Winsor, p. 87.
- M.D., University of Konigsberg, 1840
- Medical student in Berlin, Vienna, and Paris, 1840-1843
- Practiced medicine, Konigsberg, 1843-1867
- Head of entomology, Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, 1867-1893
- Professor of entomology, Harvard University, 1870-1893
- "Synopsis of the Neuroptera of North America." Smith. Misc. Coll. 4 (1861)
- Bibliotheca Entomologica (1862-1863: widely cited global bibliography)
Lefalophodon Home - Timeline - Bibliography - Related Sites - Comments & Suggestions