The NCEAS Scientific Computing website is an actively maintained repository of links to environmental data sources, scientific software, learning resources, and other documents of special interest to ecologists engaged in data management and analysis. For a better understanding of our approach and philosophy, you can read more about NCEAS Scientific Computing, or view the brief overview presentation given to incoming NCEAS associates.
In addition to this site, NCEAS makes a broad array of scientific computing resources available to all NCEAS associates during the time of their involvement with the Center. These include:
- Scientific computing staff who are available for consultation on computing and ecoinformatics issues
- NCEAS-supported hardware and software, including powerful desktops, laptops, multi-processor servers, and an array of scientific software packages
- Virtual collaboration services and tools to support interactions among distributed scientific teams
- Ecoinformatics software tools for creating and managing ecological metadata
- NCEAS Data Repository of NCEAS-related scientific datasets and metadata
We also maintain a separate NCEAS Computing Services Knowledge Base with more general computing and tech support information. Feel free to help [at] nceas [dot] ucsb [dot] edu (email us) if you have any questions or help requests.