We host NSF Postdoctoral Fellows in Biology, UC Presidential Fellows, UCSB Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellows, Smith Fellows and more.
If you are applying to one of these Postdoctoral Fellowships, NCEAS may be the host institution for you. We welcome early career scientists of all disciplines related to ecology or the environmental sciences, especially if you are eager to delve into the data science methods that produce innovative research in these fields.
Benefits for You
At NCEAS, you gain access to the infrastructure, scientific community, and research methods that have made it a success. Benefits include
- Fellowship-specific support and guidance through the application process
- Mentorship from experts in synthesis science and environmental data science, exciting fields that provide opportunities for innovation and career advancement
- Computational infrastructure that outperforms most university departments
- In-house training in synthesis science, data science and science communication
- Opportunities to join synthesis working groups and maximize co-authorship
- A stimulating and supportive postdoc community
Join a Community of Leaders
As the world’s first synthesis science research center, NCEAS helped transform ecological science, catalyzing a cultural shift that has made synthesis science and data sharing commonplace. Our publications and research outcomes have impacted policy and management decisions around the world.
Over 130 resident postdoctoral fellows have participated in this groundbreaking research, and many are now global leaders in ecology and environmental science.
We welcome your to join us in accelerating discoveries that will help people and nature thrive.
"Being a postdoc at NCEAS was great for my career. I enjoyed chance encounters with a diverse group of scientists and practitioners who came through NCEAS for working groups. One such encounter led to a collaborative project, which led me directly to an academic appointment!"