The NCEAS Scientific Computing team engages with resident scientists and visiting scientific research teams to help solve specific scientific analysis and computing challenges. To support this effort, we offer a repository of links to environmental data sources, scientific software, learning resources, and other documents of special interest to ecologists engaged in data management and analysis.
NCEAS also supports resident scholars and visiting scientists with a robust cyberinfrastructure, virtual collaboration tools, and informatics software and tools.
- Scientific computing staff who are available for consultation on computing and informatics issues
- NCEAS-supported hardware and software, including powerful desktops, laptops, multi-processor servers, and an array of scientific software packages
- Virtual collaboration services and tools to support interactions among distributed scientific teams
- Informatics software and tools for creating and managing ecological metadata
- NCEAS Data Repository of NCEAS-related scientific datasets and metadata
We also maintain a separate NCEAS Computing Services Knowledge Base with more general computing and tech support information. Feel free to help [at] nceas.ucsb.edu (email us) if you have any questions or help requests.