Skip to main content
- Meeting Rooms: NCEAS has two large conference rooms, the larger of which can comfortably accommodate 20 people and a maximum of 30. Additionally, break-out rooms are available for smaller groups. Rooms are equipped with wireless Internet access, one or mulitiple large screen displays, writable walls or regular whiteboards, and video conferencing setups. NCEAS also has access to an auditorium that can seat 120 people.
- Lounge: A lounge and kitchen are available for breaks and informal seminars and gatherings.
- Hardware and Software: NCEAS provides networked computing resources to support visiting researchers on-site, as well as via the Internet. High performance computing is available for demanding modeling, statistical, visualization, and data management projects. More >>
- Computing Support: NCEAS' computing systems are maintained by our resident scientific computing staff, who are also available to provide analytical and general technical support and advice. More >>
- Office Support: NCEAS office staff is available to assist you with travel, hotel/housing arrangements, and local transportation options, as well as answer any of your questions. Fax and photocopying is also available.
- Downtown Location: NCEAS is ideally located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. Situated in the Balboa building in the picturesque Paseo Nuevo, NCEAS is only minutes, perhaps even seconds, away from many fine restaurants, hotels, shops, museums, the ocean, and Stearn's Wharf.
- Hotels: NCEAS has negotiated special rates with a number of hotels within walking distance to the NCEAS facility.
- Accessibility: NCEAS is wheelchair accessible and bicycle friendly. Contact us for more information.