Skip to main content
- Meeting Rooms: NCEAS has two large conference rooms, the larger of which can comfortably accommodate 16 people and a maximum of 20. Additionally, break-out rooms are available for smaller groups. Rooms are equipped with wireless Internet access, one or multiple large screen displays, writable walls or regular whiteboards, and video conferencing setups. NCEAS also has a large classroom that can seat up to 90 people.
- Outdoor Terrace: NCEAS has a large outdoor terrace available for breaks, meals, and informal gatherings with sweeping views of Santa Barbara.
- Lounge: A lounge and kitchen are available for breaks and informal seminars and gatherings.
- Hardware and Software: NCEAS provides networked computing resources to support visiting researchers on-site, as well as via the Internet. High performance computing is available for demanding modeling, statistical, visualization, and data management projects. More >>
- Computing Support: NCEAS' computing systems are maintained by our resident scientific computing staff, who are also available to provide analytical and general technical support and advice. More >>
- Office Support: NCEAS office staff is available to assist you with travel, hotel/housing arrangements, and local transportation options, as well as answer any of your questions. Fax and photocopying is also available.
- Downtown Location: NCEAS is ideally located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. NCEAS is only steps away from many fine restaurants, hotels, shops, museums, the ocean, and Stearn's Wharf.
- Family Room: NCEAS has a comfortable family room for use by residents and visitors for quiet personal or family needs.
- Hotels: NCEAS has negotiated special rates with a number of hotels within walking distance to the NCEAS facility.
- The building elevator is ADA accessible.
- ADA accessible parking spots are available right outside of the building in the Santa Barbara City Lot #8 on Anacapa Street between Figueroa and Carrillo streets.
- There are two gender-neutral restroom on the third floor of the building. All restrooms throughout the building are ADA accessible, as are all meetings rooms, kitchen spaces, and appliances.