Submitted by donahue on
- Meeting Rooms: NCEAS has a large conference room that can comfortably accommodate 18 people, with a maximum of 22. Additionally, break-out rooms are available for smaller groups. Rooms are equipped with wireless and ethernet Internet access, two projectors, and white boards. There is also access to several larger conference facilities.
- Lounge: A lounge and kitchen are available for breaks and informal seminars and gatherings.
- Offices: Large offices are each shared by 2-3 resident and visiting researchers, and are equipped with supplies and computers.
- Video Conferencing: Video conferencing is available to engage collaborators at multiple sites.
- Hardware and Software: NCEAS provides networked computing resources to support visiting researchers on-site, as well as via the Internet. High performance computing is available for demanding modeling, statistical, visualization, and data management projects. Visitors have access to advanced PC, Macintosh, and Linux workstations running a broad range of software for accomplishing all phases of ecological analysis. More information
- Computing Support: NCEAS' computing systems are maintained by our resident scientific computing staff, who are also available to provide analytical and general technical support and advice. More information
- Office Support: NCEAS office staff is available to assist you with travel, hotel/housing arrangements, and local transportation options, as well as answer any of your questions. Fax and photocopying is also available. Visitors receive an informational packet that details NCEAS services and procedures.
- Downtown Location: NCEAS is ideally located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. Situated in the Balboa building in the picturesque Paseo Nuevo, NCEAS is only minutes, perhaps even seconds, away from many fine restaurants, hotels, shops, museums, the ocean, and Stearn's Wharf.
- Hotels: NCEAS has negotiated special rates with a number of hotels within walking distance to the NCEAS facility.
- Accessibility: NCEAS is wheelchair accessible and bicycle friendly. nceas [at] nceas.ucsb.edu (Contact us) for more information.