In the spirit of open science, we publish our stories and commentaries under the terms of Creative Commons’ Attribution-No Derivatives license. This means you are welcome to republish our stories for free, provided you abide by the following rules:
- Please credit the writer, ideally in the byline.
- Please attribute the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) as the original source, including a link to the original NCEAS article at the beginning of the repost.
- Do not edit the material, except to reflect relative changes in editorial style. If you do need to make such edits, please contact NCEAS’ deputy director, Courtney Scarborough, for approval.
- You may post just the beginning of an article with a link to NCEAS to continue reading.
- Do not sell our material, but you may put our material on pages with ads.
- Please do not systematically republish all of our content.
- Images and other visuals are not included in this license.
Please send an email to NCEAS’ deputy director, Courtney Scarborough, with a link to the republished article on your site.
The views expressed in commentaries published by NCEAS are those of the sources and not necessarily of NCEAS, UC Santa Barbara, funders, or partners.